Fraud is just a cost of doing business these days. There is no way to completely eliminate it from your business model. However, with in-depth verification up front, you can reduce the exposure to these online criminals.
Fraudsters usually apply easy-to-remember account information. The user name and password is too simple and generic.
During High Risk Username and Password Validation, we determine if account setup (username and password combination) is insecure or easy to penetrate under brute force attack. FraudLabs Pro actively research and identify exploited accounts through public domain information. There is currently 10 millions records in the database and growing.
How to configure high risk username & password validation?
- Login to the FraudLabs Pro Merchant Control Panel.
- Click on the Rules then click Add Rule.
- Select Login Credential under the User Account Validation category.
- Select the Condition and High Risk Username & Password will be selected by default.
- Select the action you want.
- Click Add Rule and don’t forget to click Save and you are done.