The FraudLabs Pro Risk Score is an integrated option provided in the module that enables merchants to set the threshold to mark the order as fraud based on the returned FraudLabs Pro score. Below is the screenshot of the mentioned option:
If you are currently using this option to mark the order for fraud, then you will need to change the settings to use Validation Rules on the merchant area instead. It is because this integrated option will soon be deprecated in the coming release.
Below are the main reasons of why we’re going to deprecate this option:
- We received feedbacks/complaints from many WHMCS users about the confusion of these integrated option versus the validation rules. For example, how the validation priority works? Does the integrated option take priority over validation rules? Should I use the integrated option or the validation rules? The list of questions from confused users goes on and on.
- If the order was flagged using the integrated option, this action will not be recorded in our system. It is because this action happened in the module itself and this signal is not being transferred to FraudLabs Pro server for recording. You can think of the integrated option as sort of a bypass. This may lead to missing transaction that further confuse the merchants.
Due to the above reasons, we believe that it’s more beneficial to deprecate this option than to keep them. We understand this may cause some inconveniences to those merchants who are using this option, however please be assured that the transition is effortless. Below we are going to show you on how to perform the transition.
- Let’s assume the below scenarios.
- If score > 70, then mark the order as fraud.
- Change the integrated FraudLabs Pro Risk Score to 100.
- Save your settings.
- Login to your account at https://www.fraudlabspro.com/merchant/login
- Go to the Rules page.
- Add another new rule as below:
With the above configuration, the FraudLabs Pro will return the Review status if the score greater than 70. When the module received the Review status, it will automatically marks the order as fraud. Please take note that, this applicable for both Review and Reject status.
- You are all set!