vQmod (Virtual File Modification System) enable user to override the PHP modification on-the-fly without actually changing the source files. This will be very useful especially if you would like to extend a feature that can’t be done using the plugin method.
This tutorial provide you step by step on how to install vQmod (version 2.4.1) into OpenCart.
- Download vQmod from https://code.google.com/p/vqmod/downloads/list. This tutorial will demonstrate you the installation for vqmod-2.4.1-opencart.zip. For the latest version, you can download it from the github site at https://github.com/vqmod/vqmod
- Unzip the file and upload vqmod folder to your OpenCart directory.
Please make sure the vqmod directory and its contents are writeable. For linux, please be sure the directory mod has configured to 755 or 777.
- On your browser, key in http://www.yourwebsite.com/vqmod/install and press enter.
- You shall receive the below message if your vQmod had been successfully installed.
- Done. Please take note that you shouldn’t remove the vqmod folder after the installation.
- You can now upload your vQmod file, for example FraudLabs Pro, into the xml directory for running.