FraudLabs Pro SMS Verification acts as a second fraud protection layer by validating customer’s cellphone number right after the fraud validation. This could be useful as it will help you to confirm if the given phone number is valid and owned by the buyer. This tutorial will demonstrate how to configure this feature using the FraudLabs Pro plugin. We assumed that you have installed FraudLabs Pro plugin before following this tutorial.
- In the WHMCS admin page, go to Setup->Fraud Protection.
- Choose FraudLabs Pro as the Fraud Module from the dropdown and click on the Go button.
- Enable the FraudLabs Pro Fraud Checking and SMS Verification by checking the checkbox beside it.
- Enter FraudLabs Pro API key in the FraudLabs Pro license key field.
- In the SMS Trigger section, choose an option when the SMS Verification will be triggered. Below are the options provided:
|Always||Always trigger the SMS Verification after order screening|
|Review||Trigger the SMS Verification when the order is in Review state|
|Only New Customers||Trigger the SMS Verification only for new customers|
|Payment Method – Bank Deposit||Trigger the SMS Verification if the order is paid by Bank Transfer / Direct Debit|
|Payment Method – PayPal||Trigger the SMS Verification if the order is paid by PayPal|
|Payment Method – Bitcoin||Trigger the SMS Verification if the order is paid by Bitcoin|
- Click on the Save Changes